Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 1 - December 1, 2012

Is it really this time of year?  I can hardly believe that another year has passed and the Christmas season in among us. Lots of excitement this morning as Spirit made his appearance.


And we put our first ornament on our advent calendar (handcrafted by Aunt Beth and Pops)




Today, on the first day of December, we took a road trip!!  Sewickley, PA is a super cool town!  Love all the quaint little shops, cafes, book stores, toy stores, jewelry stores, etc. Our reason for visiting.......FAMILY (of course).  It was truely a beautiful day for a road trip. I wish I knew how to transfer pictures from a DS to my computer, because as I was snapping photos, so were the boys.  They got some great shots of scenery, incoming/outgoing planes from the Pittsburgh Airport, and Army Reserves.  The bridge in Weirton is a favorite land mark on our trips East.


The boys enjoy spending time with Syd and Lauren so much.  I, of course, enjoy my time with Jill (and Chris when he's not working).    Chris and Jill own a confectionary in downtown Sewickley.  For those of you Goshen Dairy lovers, you've gotta try their ice cream.  It's that GOOD! 

 
Shane spent his day in the woods hunting and tracking deer.

1 comment: