Friday, December 14, 2012

Day 13

Thursday.....will this week ever end.  For some reason this week has seemed to be extremely LONG!  I don't think I've really known what days it is all week.  This morning Karter and I hung out at home.  It was time for me to assemble gingerbread houses.  The kids have always enjoyed decorating them.  They do however, dislike putting them together.  I worked at the assembly, while Karter ramped his dirtbikes on and over them. 



Tonight the NP Kiwanis helped to pass out food at the Dover Phila food bank.  Cael and I joined our friends Anne, Jacob and Caroline Hanner.  What a great experience for all who took time serving.  Such a teachable moment for kids and adults alike.  Cael and Jacob took such pride in their work.  They did not let a 'customer' go unspoken.



They even volunteered to be a "pusher". this means that when someone comes thru that has a disability or is shopping for their family and another (due to disability) that a person will follow behind them and push the cart full of groceries for them. This was the highlight of their evening.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment