Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1, 2011

Day 1

Its hard to be in denial about the time of year when you've committedto track your daily activities in the month of December. I just looked back on our family's December Daily from 2010 and CAN NOT believe that another year has passed. This year has been packed full of activities....from the daily, mundane to the earth shattering. Shane continues to work many countless hours at Frontier Communications, which is a blessing in so many ways. He loves his job and it provides a very comfortable life for us.  I'm currently a 'stay at home' mom.....which I LOVE!!! My position was terminated as of July 1 due to budget cuts.  This has been a really exciting change for me.  Cael is in first grade and Gaven is in Kindergarten.  We marvel at the fact that two of our kids are school-aged already.  Karter is rounding the corner of being 2.....and look out. He only slows down when he's sleeping We have a new addition to our household.  He's known around here as "The big UA", aka Uncle Andrew.  He's been with us since late May.  I'm not sure how much he likes it here, but there are three little boys that have come to idolize him. 

We started our morning with a brisk walk to the bus stop.  Gotta love Ohio.  60 degrees on Saturday and 25 degrees by Thursday.  Karter and I got to work immediately after the older boys left for school.  We got all the Christmas decorations out, hung the wreaths, neatly placed our Santa and snowmen and got the tree put up. 


On Thursdays, Karter and I take a Mommy and Me swimming class.  We are fortunate enough to do this with our good friends Brody and Tricia.  Swimming is pretty serious business, the boys are always whipped after class.




Our boys get personlized ornaments each year.  The hope is that they will take these with them when they are older and starting families/traditions of their own.  We usually give them as part of a Christmas present, but someone was not quick enough to hide them this year.  Since they were spotted, they were allowed to use them in the tree decorating.


We got the tree decorated and all the decorations put out.  This is such a favorite thing for the kids.  They were so excited when they got home from school and they found out we were doing this tonight.


Again, I thank my dear friend Jamie Rieger for allowing me to copy her idea of December Daily.  Shane just said "oh yea, I remember that from last year.  It was cool."  What a great way to capture all the fun things we do during this busy time of year. 

2 comments:

  1. what an awesome idea!! I will look forward to reading about your days! Have a great day Blake family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are so cute! I just showed my mom your blog she said I didnt even know she had kids. lol! SHe said you have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete